Employees can nominate to make regular, pre-tax contributions to support the Rottnest Foundation and our projects through Workplace Giving.
Generally, the donation will be a fixed amount that will be deducted from the employees’ salary on each pay.
The payroll department then make a donation directly to the Rottnest Foundation on behalf of the employees who are participating in the Workplace Giving program.
It is important to ensure that employees are able to make a decision to donate privately, including how much they wish to donate.
Every dollar donated comes from pre-tax income, so it’s a win-win. Effectively, employees’ contributions are doubled!
Employers have also been known to match their employees fundraising efforts in the community. I.e. for every dollar raised at a sausage sizzle/ fete/ quiz night etc., the employer will match it.
• Enhanced employee morale and retention through team work;
• Demonstrate active corporate social responsibility values;
• Builds constructive not-for-profit relationships;
• Requires minimal work from payroll and is easy to set up;
• Build business reputation and profile within the community;
• Be seen as an ’employer of choice’; and
• Demonstrate community spirit
• Receive an immediate tax deduction without the need to keep receipts for tax purposes;
• Know that the donation can make a direct impact to major Rottnest Foundation; &
• Make an important contribution to the Western Australian community by helping to conserve Rottnest Island.
Please email [email protected] or call 0447 853 820 for further information.