The first half of the day involved speeches from the RIA CEO Michelle Reynolds and Rottnest Express Director of Sales and Marketing Nicole Passarelli followed by presentations by the main Rottnest volunteer groups regarding their objectives, achievements and current projects. Interested Island stakeholders were invited to participate as audience members.
– Rottnest Voluntary Guides Association – Brian Gunn
– Rottnest Society – Eric Moxham
– Rottnest Foundation – Jeff King & Rosie Small
– Nursery Volunteers – Luke Wheat
– Rottnest Island Railway Advisory Committee – Jock Henderson & Bill Larke
– Winnit Club – Mark Hutchinson & Terry Hardie
After the volunteer group presentations, Veronica Phillips, a wildlife ecologist who has just completed her PhD on Quokkas at the University of Western Australia, volunteered her time to deliver a presentation called ”The demographics and ecology of the Rottnest Island quokka’.
In the afternoon, the volunteers were provided an opportunity to go on a guided tour of the Rottnest Nursery, a guided Aboriginal Heritage Tour or enjoy free time on the Island.
Thank you to all our Island volunteers, keep up the excellent work!